VACANCY FOR THE ARMY RUGBY UNION DIRECTOR OF WOMENS RUGBY
1. Applications are invited for the post of Director of Women’s Rugby.
2. The successful applicant will be expected to start on 1 Aug 13. It is desirable that the successful applicant completes at least 3 seasons.
3. Applicants should send their rugby CV by e-mail to Mr Chris Fowke ARU Secretary at .
4. The closing date for applications is 1200 hrs Mon 1 Jul 13. Applicants that do not pass the CV sift will be contacted by Mon 15 Jul. Applicants that pass the CV sift will be contacted in person by the Secretary ARU and advised of interview dates.
5. The successful candidate will be notified after the ARU Chairman has made contacted with all those that passed the CV sift and were unsuccessful at interview. Unsuccessful candidates will also notified as soon as possible.
QUALIFICATION, RANK AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA
6. There are no particular qualifications, rank or experience required for this post. However it is hoped that the successful applicant is able to comfortably operate with sponsors and senior officers, has knowledge and enthusiasm for the game at the top end of Army rugby and a passion for the development of the game in the ARU at the strategic level. In addition, the individual must be serving in the British Army with at least 3.5 years service remaining from 1 Aug13.
7. This is a prestigious high profile voluntary post working with a very enthusiastic and dedicated Senior Management Team. The time commitment for this post can also be demanding for both work and personal time.
TERMS OF REFERENCE (Version 2.0 dated 10 Jul 2009)
1. The Director of Women’s Rugby (DoWR) will have responsibility for management and direction of the Army Rugby Union’s (ARU’s) Womens XV. The DoWR will report directly into the ARU Chairman and Management Board to whom he or she will be required to provide regular updates on the activities of the Women’s Teams.
2. The DoWR will be required to act in accordance with the direction given by the Management Board and as detailed in the ARU Management Plan and Vision.
3. The DoWR will have delegated financial authority from the Management Board and will ensure that the allocated budget is being managed correctly by the budget manager.
4. The DoWR will be a member of the Management Board.
- To act as a focal point for all management and administrative issues pertaining to the ARU Womens XV.
- To provide support to the Women’s XV management and coaching staff when needed or requested.
- To be responsible for scrutinising the Women’s XV annual budget submissions and to ensure that the submissions are in support of the aims and objectives of the ARU.
- To present the annual budget submission to the Management Board in accordance with ARU policy detailed by the Director of Finance.
- To liaise with the Director of Community Rugby, Head Coach and Women’s XV manager to produce the ARU Structured Season (SS) and ensure that all fixtures are included on the SS and fixture list complied in June annually by the Secretary and published prior to each season.
- To manage succession planning and in conjunction with the management staff appoint staffing positions within the department. The DoWR will present names for appointment to the Management Board for endorsement.
- To consult with and take advice from the Army Women’s Coach over the requirement for succession planning in the senior section.
- To assist in the formulation of policy in conjunction with other Management Board members.
- To assist in the promotion of the ARU to the rugby community and the wider chain of command and to be a representative of the ARU at matches, events and meetings when required and available.
- To assist with Senior Combined Services XV administration and budgeting when called upon to do so.