1. Applicants are invited for the post of the ARU Masters Backs Coach, with a starting date of 1st Sep 2013. It’s desirable that the successful applicant completes at least 2 full seasons. Applicants should email their CV to Capt Dave Boocock, Manager ARU Masters – .
The closing date for applicants is 19 July 13, all applicants will be contacted by email and interviews will commence from 24 July 13. The selection panel will consist of Lt Col Simon Orr OBE (ARU Masters Director), SSgt Baker (ARU Masters Head Coach) and Capt Boocock (ARU Masters Manager). All applicants will be notified of the final selection once all interviews have been conducted.
Qualifications and criteria
2. The following qualifications/criteria are required:
- a. RFU Level 2 or in the process of completing.
- b. Prior coaching experience at Unit/Corps level.
- c. Must be serving in the British Army (Reg or TA), or be a civil servant.
3. The ARU Masters Backs Coach will be responsible for:
- a. Assisting the Head Coach in the selection of Inter Service Squad players.
- b. Delivery of general attacking and defensive coaching sessions.
- c. Recruitment of players.
- d. Development of players throughout the season.
4. This a prestigious post within the ARU set up and requires the selected applicant to commit to at least 7 fixtures outside of the 2 Inter Service fixtures. Some of these fixtures will involve out of hours and weekend work.
5. Any applicant wishing any further information should contact Capt Dave Boocock Mil – 94222 2752 or Mob 07791 318919.