Due to RFU changes to the Coaching courses coming into force January 2012 the ARU will not be running any Level One ‘Coaching Children’ coaching courses unless a Garrison location specifically asks for a Level One course. ARU Coaches are normally coaching senior XV sides which will require the Level 2 award.
Therefore all of the Coaching courses planned for 2012 are the prerequisites required for the Level 2 ‘Coaching Senior XV’ courses. The ARU will not be running a Level 2 course this season due to the lack of coaches already possessing the prerequisites required.
- Child Protection Courses – RFU courses at Click here
- Level 2 Prerequisites courses:
Prerequisites courses must be completed prior to attendance on a Level Two ‘Coaching Adult XV’ Course and evidence supplied of coaching an Adult XV.
- Level 2 Course Dates at Aldershot Stadium:
- Day One: Wed 27 Feb 13
- Day Two: Wed 27 Mar 13
- Day Three: Wed 1 May 13
- Level 1 Coaching Children – £100
- Level 2 Coaching Adults – £138
- IRB Rugby Ready – £15.50
- RFU CPD Courses – £18.50
- If required you can claim back 80% of the costs involved by using your Standard Learning Credits (SLC). This must be done prior to the course starting to ensure SLC has been authorised by your Education Officer.
- All students who pass the Level One and Two Coaching courses receive the following:
- Coach Resource pack
- Access to RFU Coaching Website
- RFU Coach Licence
Army Coach Development Days
Contact and Applications
If you would like more details of Level 1 or 2 Coaching Courses contact our Coaching Co-Ordinator below:
WO2(QMSI) MJ Bamsey RE
Work Tel: 94381 2044 or Civ 01985 222044
Course Application Procedure
- You must apply for a course at least 5 weeks before the start date.
- To apply download Coaching Course Application Form (word 368kb)
- Email completed form to WO2 (Taff) Bamsey at
All candidates are reminded that only ELECTRONIC application forms (download from ARU website) will be accepted. These can be sent to . All applicants will receive a reply as soon as their application is received.
Joining instructions will normally be sent out at least 2 weeks before the course is due to start to ensure accommodation and travel arrangements are made within the appropriate timescale.