The aim of the Inter-Corps One Day Festival is to allow Corps’ the opportunity to field their squads for the first time at the start of the season. L1 sides play XV a side; L2 and Women play 10 a side.
Runners up RLC
Runners up RAPTC
Winners AGC (W)
Runners up RA (W)
2012 – Festival Administration
|Wed 19 September 12||Team Managers Report: 08:00 hrs
Lunch: 11:30 – 14:30
Finals (women): 15:30
Finals (men): 16:00 & 16:30
|L1: XV – a – side
L2: X – a – side
Women: X – a side
The Competition Rules
- The competition will consist of twelve male and six women’s teams (all Corps being represented) split into three leagues as a result of final placing at the end of the 2009 – 2010 season. After playing a series of round robin matches the teams finishing first and second in each league will play off in a final. Teams will be awarded 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss. There will be presentations for all winners and runners up at the end of the competition.
- League 1 – XVs:The XVs competition for League 1 will play 15 mins each way with a 2 min half time. Up to 22 players may be nominated for each match, although this 22 can be changed between matches. Normal RFU laws will be played less for:
- All kicks at goal must be drop kicks.
- League 2 and Women – Xs:The Xs competition for League 2 and Women will play 12 mins each way with 1 min half time. Up to 17 players may be nominated for each match, although this 17 can be changed between matches. Normal RFU laws will be played less for:
- All kicks at goal must be drop kicks
- Only the scrum half can take the ball from the base of the scrum
- There will be five players in the scrum at all times
- In the event of a draw in the final of each league, 5 mins each way will be played until the first score occurs at which time the Corps scoring will be considered the winner and the Final will be concluded.
- Player discipline will take the normal yellow and red card format. The award of a yellow card will result in a 5 min sin bin for both XVs and Xs competitions. A red card will result in the player not being able to take any further part in the days play and will result in formal disciplinary proceedings.
- For the finals, the nominated squads must remain the same throughout the final.