- All Corps, units and clubs playing rugby in the Army must have the mandatory RFU insurance. The insurance covers players and management for accidental death and specified permanent total disability incurred whilst playing the game, training and traveling to and from a game.Full details can be found on the RFU website at www.rfu.com – Insurance
- Insurance cover is provided by the RFU for all ARU affiliated clubs, the cover extends to all teams (i.e. 1st XV, 2nds 3rds, Sevens, Tens and Vets etc). You must seek advice on insurance cover from the ARU Secretary if you are planning one off events such as Officers Mess v Sgts. Mess or inter Squadron/Company/Battery matches.
- If your club is not affiliated you are not insured; playing rugby without insurance is a serious matter, and units that fail for whatever reason to insure their rugby teams face the following consequences:
- The unit/club concerned cannot train or play rugby under the auspices of the ARU or RFU and will not be entitled to the use of Army facilities (e.g. pitches, changing rooms, training facilities/equipment)
- Officials will not be appointed by the ARU or any other Referees Society to any non-affiliated unit/club games.
- Injured players or club officials will not have the ability to claim under the mandatory insurance scheme, furthermore units/clubs could be failing in their duty of care if they permit rugby to be played without insurance cover, individuals have in the past pursued civil court action to establish culpable negligence and to gain compensation.
- For more information on ARU Affiliation
- All clubs are reminded that it is the duty of the organizing officer to insure that a risk assessment is carried out and recorded prior to all rugby events in compliance with JSP 375 leaflets 11 & 23.
- This season (2010-11), clubs who affiliate to the ARU/RFU will automatically receive insurance cover for death and permanent total disability (playing insurance) through the RFU insurance scheme.
- If you have any doubts regarding insurance or other health and safety issues, contact Chris Fowke, ARU Secretary at email@example.com or on 01252 348573 or 94222 3573.
- To be eligible to play rugby in the Army, all Corps, units and clubs must be affiliated to the ARU; the affiliation fee per club/unit is £50, this affiliation fee includes all administration and cup entry fees, if applicable. A proportion of the fee will also go towards the administration of the RFU insurance scheme.
- For the season (2014 – 15), clubs who affiliate to the ARU/RFU will automatically receive insurance cover for death and permanent total disability (playing insurance) through the RFU insurance scheme. See Insurance
- For more information please down load the club letter proforma.
- To apply for ARU Affiliation you are to complete and return ARU Affiliation Proforma 2015 – 16, Proforma 1E 2014 – 15 and Proforma 1E 2015 – 16 (below) with your £50 fee to the ARU Secretary.
- Membership of the RFU (Voting Club) provides clubs with certain privileges such as the ability to apply for international match tickets, attend & vote at the RFU AGM and receive the RFU handbook and other publications free of charge.
- To become a member of the RFU Voting Club you must play a minimum of twelve fixtures (a full fixture list for this and last season must be submitted to the ARU) and four of the twelve fixtures must be against ‘voting clubs’ as highlighted on the RFU ‘rugby first’ website.
- All clubs that are affiliated to the ARU now have their own page on the RFUs ‘rugby first’ website; http://www.rfu.com/ManagingRugby/RugbyFirst.aspx, unit rugby offices are to contact the RFU ‘rugby first’ support desk on 020 8831 6651 or via RugbyfirstInfo@RFU.com to obtain their login and password. Rugby First allows the RFU to interrogate all clubs affiliated to a Constituent Body (the ARU) to check fixture lists, insurance status and contacts etc. The RFU will provide monthly updates to the ARU on teams that have successfully logged into rugby first, teams that do not obtain their log in to rugby first and populate as required will lose accreditation to the ARU.• Fixture Download template including midweek dates for season 2014 – 2015 and 2015 – 2016.
Download Proforma 1E 2014 – 15
Download Proforma 1E 2015 – 16
- If your club is able to meet the above criteria the RFU affiliation fee (£20) will be met by the ARU.
- Download ARU club letter 2015 – 16 and Download Proforma 1B 2015-16. This contains full details about ARU/RFU affiliation and all the required forms.
- If you have any doubts regarding affiliation, insurance or other health and safety issues, contact the ARU Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on 01252 787080 or 94222 7080.