An opportunity has arisen for an SO1/SO2 to join the UKAF Rugby Executive Committee. The position of Match Day Coordinator will become available during the 2017/18 season. Due to the requirements of the 3 main opposition, the successful applicant will shadow the current Match Day Coordinator from Jan 2017. The role, detailed below, is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the 2 Annual Remembrance Matches (men and women) and the U23’s fixture at Twickenham on Army v Navy day.
- Oversees tri-Service Match Day organising Committee in providing:
- Programme of events (inclusion of “military event” and refreshments where necessary)
- Media/PR coverage (in conjunction with Sponsorship and Marketing representative)
- Production and maintenance of VIP Guest List
- Accommodation (inc teams) and Transport requirements (teams & Executive Committee)
- Liaison with the opposition and hosting venue
- Produce match day programme.
Applicants are invited to apply in writing to the Chairman, enclosing their Rugby CV, by 5 Jan 2017. Applications are to be submitted to the Secretary at including a contact number; the Chair will conduct phone interviews with shortlisted candidates prior to 11 Jan 17.