The appointment of Chairman of the Corps’ Committee becomes available at the close of the rugby season 2012/13. The new incumbent is required to be in post during the beginning of season 2013/14.
Applicants are to send their rugby CVs along with a covering letter detailing why they see themselves suitable for the appointment to the Secretary Army Rugby Union by 18 Sep 13, copied to the current incumbent – details at the bottom of this job descriptions.
Job Description – Chairman of the Corps’ Committee
The Chairman of the Corps Committee acts as the representative for all Corps’ on the ARU Council and is responsible for the management and co-ordination of all Corps’ level Rugby matters, including the running of the Corps’ Competitions. The Chairman works to the Director of Community Rugby and may appoint a Corps’ Committee Secretary to assist in the day to day management of Corps’ Rugby Competitions.
The primary role of the Chairman of the Corp’s Committee is to ensure that the Corps’ Competitions take place and that the views and opinions of the Corps Rugby Committees are represented at the ARU Council.
Tasks in detail are:
- Planning and conduct of:
- The Corps One Day Competition (usually held in September at the start of each season).
- The Corps League Competitions, including the Finals Day.
- The Corps Women’s Competition, including the Finals Day.
- Develop an ethos within the Corps Rugby Community to ensure that all matches within competitions are played and that other individual Corps Rugby initiatives are supported as required.
- Contribute to the planning of the Community Rugby Structured Season.
- Bid for and manage the seasons budget for Corps’ Rugby as provided from Directory Community Rugby and reporting any requirements for overspend or requirements for unplanned expenditure.
- Convene the Corps Committee as necessary during the year to communicate and discuss issues that affect all Corps.
- Develop the links between Corps Rugby and other areas of the ARU (specifically Discipline and Governance, Coaching, ARURS and the Senior Squads) to ensure that Corps’ requirements are adequately represented and that a path for Corps’ players to be selected at a higher level is available.
- Provide an advisory point to individual Corps Committees on ARU matters.
- Hold annual Corps’ Committee coordinating meetings as necessary.
- Attend ARU Council Meetings and Funding Screenings as necessary.
- Represent the ARU at ARU fixtures and events as requested by the MB.
Further information on the role of the appointment can be sought from:
Lieutenant Colonel P R Stannett RLC
Civ: 01904 66 5202
Mil: 94775 5202
Mobile: 07595 42159