VACANCY FOR A HEAD COACH, TEAM MANAGER, ASSISTANTS COACHES, REFEREE ADVISOR AND VIDIO ANALYSIS TO THE ARMY WOMEN’S SENIOR XV
1. Applications are invited for the above posts for the Army Women’s XV. The team plays representative rugby to the highest level including International teams and Premiership sides. The present squad includes current and former international players as well as many highly committed and motivated individuals.
2. The successful applicants will be expected to commit from the 1st July 12 and it is desirable that the successful applicant completes 2 seasons.
3. Applicants should send their rugby CV by e-mail to
Major M Hodge – or
Senior XV Head Coach, Andy Sanger –
4. The closing date for applications 12 March 12. Applicants that don’t pass the CV sift will be contacted by e-mail by 19 March. Applicants that pass the CV sift will be invited to an interview. The interview will also seek evidence of coaching competencies.
5. The selection panel will consist of Major Sam Shephard (Director of Women’s Rugby (DoWR), Capt Andy Sanger (Senior XV Head Coach) and Secretary ARU.
6. The successful and unsuccessful candidates will be notified by telephone after the interviews
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA
7. Applicants are to be suitably qualified and experienced as follows:
• Able to provide 2 people that may be called upon for a written or verbal reference. Ideally, at least 1 needs to hold an appropriate and current rugby qualification.
• Must be serving in the British Army with at least 3 years service remaining.
8. Individual role responsibilities can be found at http://aru.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/TERMSOFREFERENCEFORTHEARMYRUGBYUNION.pdf
The time commitment for this post is demanding for both work and personal time. You will also be required to do out of hours and weekend work. The dates of the 2011/12 fixtures are on the Army Rugby Union web site but there is an aspiration that the new coach would be available to shadow the inter-services competition later this year. You will need to confirm with your Chain of Command that you are to fulfill the commitment prior to interview. This post is unpaid although reasonable travel and subsistence costs will be met. Any questions regarding the positions can be directed to Major M-A Hodge, Deputy Director of Women’s Rugby on