The ARU will not run any Level One ‘Coaching Children’ coaching courses unless a Garrison location specifically asks for a course to be delivered. Army Rugby Coaches normally coach senior XV sides which require the UKCC Level 2 coaching award.Therefore the coaching courses delivered will be the prerequisites required for and the UKCC Level 2 ‘Coaching Senior XV’ course itself.
The ARU Rugby Education Team will deliver all of the courses required to coach within the Adult game over a two week period. Normally Mon-Thu and the following Monday.All of the RFU run courses can be found here: www.englandrugby.com/my-rugby/courses
World Rugby and RFU Course Dates
UKCC Level 2 Prerequisites courses:
- World Rugby; Rugby Ready Online course: Click here
- World Rugby Laws Exam: Click here
- RFU Non-Award Courses: Click here
- Concussion Training: Click here
This training is provided by the ARU Rugby Education team as part of the ARU run Level 2 coaching programme, the Rugby Ready and Scrum Factory prerequisites courses must be completed prior to your attendance on a UKCC Level Two ‘Coaching Adult XV’ Course can be confirmed.
2016 Adult Coaching Course Dates at Army Stadium, Aldershot Garrison.
- Mon 05 Sep – World Rugby; Rugby Ready and RFU Scrum Factory (Prerequisite courses)
- Mon 26 Sep – Day One
- Tue 27 Sep – Day Two
- Wed 28 Sep – (Day off for reflection/ homework)
- Thu 29 Sep – Day Three
- Level 1 Coaching Children – £105.00
- Level 2 Coaching Adults – £115.00
- IRB Rugby Ready – £15.00 if paid on the day; £5 if paid though RFU Website
- RFU CPD Courses – £15.00 if paid on the day; £5 if paid though RFU Website
- Pitch-Side First Aid course are available at £50 PP – Min 12 students/ Max 24. All interested parties who can host a course are to contact the RDO
- If required you can claim back 80% of the costs involved by using your Standard Learning Credits (SLC). This must be done prior to the course starting to ensure SLC has been authorised by your Education Officer.
- All students who pass the Level One and Two Coaching courses receive the following:
- Coach Resource pack
- Access to RFU Coaching Website
- RFU Coach Licence
“I really enjoyed the course and got a lot of benefit, which I intend to use in coaching rugby and which I have no doubt has a broader application than just rugby.”
– Rich (Nav) Naivalurua
“I thought I knew a lot about rugby and how coaching works but this course has taught me so much more; I can now look at rugby from a coaching point of view – definitely the best course I have ever done. I would recommend every rugby player out there do it; even if you’re not thinking of becoming a coach, you will enjoy it and learn so much more about the game you love as a player”
– Gerhard Wessels
“Even the most experienced players and coaches will benefit from attending this course, I guarantee there’s something there worth thinking about; I have recommended it to friends already!”
– David Bates
Contact and Applications
If you would like more details of Rugby Courses or any other rugby matter please contact our Rugby Development Officer below:
Mr Michael J Bamsey MinstRE
Course Application Procedure
How to use the RFU Online Booking System
- To book onto an Adult ‘Coaching the XV a side game’ Level 2 coaching course a serviceman/ woman not in possession of an England Rugby log in should firstly go to this link to build an RFU profile.
- – Once you have logged in to England Rugby; find a Rugby Ready course AND a Scrum Factory course (click here to search) ARU run courses will be planned prior to the ARU UKCC Level 2 (normally on the same day) and pay up front for both courses.
- – Then you can go to the same link and book and pay up front to be loaded onto the ARU Level 2 coaching course; all these courses can also be done via any RFU Constituent Body- however Rugby Ready & Scrum Factory must be done prior to attending a UKCC Level 2 course.
- Crucially please then inform the RDO at: that you have booked and paid for these three ARU courses so he can send you an Administration Order.