Community Rugby is the grass roots level within the Army and encompasses both Unit and Garrison level competition.
The aims of Community Rugby are:
- Provide soldiers the opportunity to play rugby within the service.
- Encourage ever widening participation for both men and women within the game.
- Organising and managing competitions.
- Developing players, coaches and facilitators to enable them to progress into representational rugby if ready and willing to do so.
Community Rugby Mission Statement
- Continue to develop the structured season and encourage ever wider participation, for both men and women, in local and Army-wide competitions.
- Develop a clear development path to Representative Rugby for every capable individual.
- Maintain a duty of care for players.
Community Rugby Useful Links
- ARU Competitions
- Corps https://www.armyrugbyunion.org.uk/competition/corps-championship/
- Premiership https://www.armyrugbyunion.org.uk/competition/premiership-cup/
- Championship https://www.armyrugbyunion.org.uk/competition/championship-competition/
- Championship Fixture Exchange https://www.armyrugbyunion.org.uk/competition/championship-competition/championship-exchange-fixtures/
- Knock-Out Competition https://www.armyrugbyunion.org.uk/competition/championship-competition/community-knock-out-competition/
- ARU Unit Rugby Rules and Regulations https://www.armyrugbyunion.org.uk/game-admin/community-rugby/unit-rugby-rules-and-regulations/
- Rugby Officer Responsibilities https://www.armyrugbyunion.org.uk/aru-info/working-with-us/unit-rugby-officer/
- ARU Affiliation and Insurance https://www.armyrugbyunion.org.uk/aru-info/working-with-us/affiliation/
- ARU Health, Safety and Wellbeing https://www.armyrugbyunion.org.uk/game-admin/health-safety/
- ARU Representative Teams https://www.armyrugbyunion.org.uk/teams/
Director of Community Rugby
Maj M Wilding (Marc)
Chair of Unit Rugby
Maj A Bennett (Andy)
ARU Chief Operations Officer and Secretary
Mr C Fowke (Chris)