- To be eligible to play rugby in the Army, all Corps, units and clubs must be affiliated to the ARU; the affiliation fee per club/unit is £50, this affiliation fee includes all administration costs. A proportion of the fee will also go towards the administration of the RFU insurance scheme.
- For the season (2018 – 19), clubs who affiliate to the ARU / RFU will automatically receive insurance cover for death and permanent total disability (playing insurance) through the RFU insurance scheme.
- To apply for ARU Affiliation you are to complete and return the ARU Affiliation Proforma 2018 – 19. Including the £50 affiliation fee.
- All clubs that are affiliated to the ARU now have their own page on the RFUs ‘GMS’ website; unit rugby officers are to contact the RFU ‘GMS’ support desk on 020 8831 6651 or via email to obtain their login and password. GMS allows the RFU to interrogate all clubs affiliated to a Constituent Body (the ARU) to check fixture lists, insurance status and contacts etc. The RFU will provide monthly updates to the ARU on teams that have successfully logged into GMS, teams that do not obtain their log into rugby first and populate as required will lose accreditation to the ARU.
- ARU affiliated clubs can additionally become RFU affiliated clubs. Affiliation to the RFU (a voting club) provides clubs with certain privileges such as the ability to apply for international match tickets; attend & vote at the RFU AGM and receive the RFU handbook and other publications free of charge.
- To become an RFU affiliated ‘voting’ club, you must play a minimum of twelve fixtures (a full fixture list for this and last season must be submitted to the ARU) (Fixture list 2017/18 and fixture list 2018/19) and four of the twelve fixtures must be against other RFU voting clubs as highlighted on the RFU ‘Game Management System’ (GMS) website. These two fixture lists must be included when you submit your ARU affiliation proforma.
- If you have any questions regarding affiliation, contact Mrs I Camfield, email or on 94222 7081; for health and safety issues, contact the ARU Secretary, C Fowke, email, or on 94222 7080.
- Corps and Divisional Secretaries are requested that they ensure all clubs have received a copy of this letter complete with the attached paperwork, if any clubs/units have not received the letter and paperwork they are to contact this office where upon it will be re-issued. The letter will also be made available on the ARU website www.armyrugbyunion.org.uk , Corps and Divisional Secretaries are also requested to inform the ARU Secretariat of any newly formed club/unit wishing to play rugby and who may not be on the ARU distribution list.